MOGADISHU – Somalia and Qatar have jointly signed a numberof agreements and memorandum of understanding (MoUs) on Thursday at the Amiri Diwan in Doha.
Somali PM Hassan Ali Khaire and his Qatari counterpart Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa al-Thani witnessed during a signing ceremonies.
The ceremony was attended by Somali PM Khaire and his delegation and senior officials from Qatar.
Qatari PM Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa al-Thani welcomed his Somali counterpart and the accompanying delegation to Qatar.
Al-Thani pointed out that the visit will contribute to supporting and developing co-operation between Somalia and Qatar.
Somalia and Qatar signed following agreements:-
1. An agreement on avoidance of double taxation and prevention of fiscal evasion.
2. An agreement on encouraging and protecting mutual investments.
3. An agreement on maritime transport.
4. An agreement on economic, trade and technical co-operation.
5. An MoU on co-operation in the field of ports.
6. An MoU on co-operation between the Diplomatic Institute in the Qatar’s Foreign Ministry and the Diplomatic Institute in the Somalia’s Foreign Ministry.
7. An MoU on the establishment of a joint supreme committee.
8. An MoU on political co-operation and consultation between the Qatar’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Somalia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Co-operation.